Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break

I love spring break! It's such a tease for us teachers of what summer will bring. We look forward for months for this one week off and then it seems to go by in the blink of an eye. It's Saturday night now - the night before Easter - and I go back to work Tuesday.

We've been in our new house for a month now and we absolutely LOVE it! I think we're all happier here. We each have all the space we need and had no problem settling right in. It's great to be only five minutes away from my parents - I can easily drop the kids off at their house when I need to do something on my own and the kids love being with their grandparents. My mom babysat Wednesday night so Brian and I could go out to dinner to the Melting Pot and see a movie. It's nice to be able to do things like that again!

We spent the other days of spring break getting things done around the house and Hallie was still going to school every day (her spring break is next week). We did make it to the beach one day, colored Easter eggs, and went to an egg hunt. However, Aiden was a little scared and not too sure what to do at the hunt - I'm hoping he does better tomorrow at our house.

I'll be enjoying the last 2 days of my break off, and then Tuesday it's back to my commute. It's only taking me about an hour each way and I'm getting used to it, but I've been filling up the gas tank in my car every other day and I look forward to the day when I can get a job closer to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment