Friday, July 2, 2010

We got Slimed!




I just realizd that it's the first week of July and I haven't written about any of the things that happened in June! We ended May be going up to Orlando for 3 days and staying at the infamous Nickelodeon Hotel & Resort. I had mixed feelings about going since I read some not-so-nice reviews on the Internet and was worried the hotel wasn't going to be what we expected. Luckily for us it turned out to be exactly the short little get-away that my family needed. We ended up not even leaving the hotel since there was so much to see and do there. The hotel was equipped with 2 very large pools and waterslides and smaller ones for the little kids. Since my kids are half fish, the only time we came out of the pools was when it started to rain. (Which was never more than hour at a time - just enough to grab lunch or take a little break!) The hotel also had a 4-d movie theater which had a new show to see every 20 minutes. Hallie, Aiden, and I enjoyed one afternoon seeing every movie back to back. The last day we were there, we enjoyed the (over-priced) character breakfast where we had the opportunity to meet Dora, Diego, Blue, Little Bill, and Spongebob while enjoying a very delicious buffet breakfast (which almost made it worth the money!). Then we checked out of the hotel, and spent the rest of the afternoon in the pools. Brian even surprised me and got his bathing suit on and played with the kids in the water. Once we were truly exhausted from the sun, we got in the car and headed home. The best trips are when it's just a short car ride to your own house!




Later that week, on Thursday, I took another day off to watch my little girl officially graduate from preschool. I can't believe how big she's getting and that she'll be going to Kindergarten in August. I'm so proud of her and can't wait to see all of the things she accomplishes in school. She also had her first guitar recital and performed Twinkle, Twinkle for a small audience. She definitely has the muscial talent that runs in my family.




The second week of June was my last week of school and I'm looking forward to staying home and not having to spend 2 hours of each day in my car. Aunt Cindi had tickets to see the broadway production of Mary Poppins which she took Hallie and I to see. We had a great time and spent the night at Cindi's and the next day swimming in her pool. It was a great way to end the school year.




Finally, I was just offered a position at the Imagine Charter School which is 5 minutes away from my house. Looks like I'll get to save some money on gas now and I'll get to enjoy the ride with my daughter who'll be attending Kindergarten in the same school!

No comments:

Post a Comment