Thursday, August 13, 2009

Daddy Time!

This week Brian had his first turn watching both kids by himself for a few days while I went on a cruise to the Bahamas from Monday - Wednesday. I was a little worried that he'd have trouble with Aiden - especially at night - and I'd never be able to leave again. However, he proved me wrong and took good care of the kids while I was gone, and even got Aiden to sleep in his crib all night! I actually put him in there tonight and he only cried for about 15 minutes until he fell asleep. The trick is to turn off the baby monitor so I don't hear him when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Hopefully, he'll learn how to self-soothe and become an expert sleeper by the time I go back to work in 4 days! I know, I told myself I would get him sleeping in his crib this summer and waited until the very end to really do it! Oh well, I guess later is better than never!

Hallie and I are both going back to school this Monday the 17th. I'm so excited for her that she's returning to God's Little Creations preschool. I went in for the parent orientation last night and am very impressed with what she'll be doing. There are 4 different rooms that she'll rotate through during the day and it's all based on a Christian curriculum. Her teachers each have about 20 years experience and seem very enthusiastic. I imagine that she's going to learn a lot this year!

Sadly, all of our summer fun is over and we only have three days left to enjoy before we have to get back into the swing of things. I've been busy since returning from Pennsylvanie with my sister-in-law Nancy visiting one weekend and then my sister visiting the next and going on our cruise. It's nice having visitors though because I get to spend extra time enjoying the outdoors and the pool. I'm sure I'll work in a little more outdoor time this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment